[rollei_list] Re: OT: development

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 03:29:19 -0700

I stopped getting those problems when I started doing a two bath fix with my
film just like I've done for a long time with my prints.
This makes for negs that you for sure know you don't have to worry about
turning on you in anything resembling the near or not so near future. Where
no film has lasted before.
I'm almost glad tab grain films came about and got me doing this because I
wish I'd been doing this all along; way before tab grain films came out in
the early 90s.

I seem to recall a trick at the rental lab people would put their slightly
diachronic fogged looking film from such fixing problems on a light table
for 20 minutes and they'd clear.

Tab grain films especially Kodak seems to "eat" hypo. (fix)
Having two bottles of rapid fixer A mixed up.
An a and b bath.
recycled and fresh.
And I'ts a no brainer.

I do a quick rinse before going into the second fix from the first fix
because that seems obvious to me. Not that I've ever heard of anyone else
doing it.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon