[rollei_list] Re: OT: Zeiss Ikoflex Challenges..

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:35:59 -0800

    This trick works for cameras with an override for the double exposure prevention but many cameras do not have that so you are stuck with losing a frame.
    The highest speed on most shutters is wishful thinking anyway. The time is measured for the half way open points for the full aperture of the shutter. When stopped down the effective exposure can be considerably longer. Since B&W film has a very large overexposure latitude one can probably shoot at the next slowest shutter speed and still get a good negative.
   Both Compur and Kodak shutters can be forced into the highest speed but it doesn't do the shutter any good.

On 11/24/2020 1:52 AM, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

El lun, 23 nov 2020 a las 18:49, Jan Decher (<wanderjan@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:wanderjan@xxxxxxxxx>>) escribió
"... The shutter speeds from 1/1 - 1/500 seem right on. Curiously you can only get to the 1/500 second shutter speed before you wind the shutter..."

Hi Jan:
           My Rolleiflex 2,8C and Rolleicord IV and Voss Diax IIa, the three cameras from about 1954 have the same curiosity for the Compur 0 and 00 and 000 size shutters to set 1/500th sec shutter speed due to a second spring as Richard explained. I "discovered" a trick to set 1/500 after you cocked the shutter for these cameras: I attach the lens cap to the lenses and release the shutter, I set 1/500 and I cock the shutter again using the double exposure mechanism; I don't use this way often BTWm but it works fine..-

Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
WB6KBL

---
Rollei List

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Online, searchable archives are available at