[rollei_list] Re: OT: Winter Solstice

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:34:26 -0600

At 03:28 PM 12/24/2007 -0500, Marc Small wrote:
Now that the Winter Solstice is past us, the days in the Northern Hemisphere are SURE getting longer! <he grins>

Marc

Come on down to Oklahoma City and grab some of our ice before those longer days cause it to melt away. While you're at it there's a lot of free firewood stacked on the curb in front of most houses. :-D

On a slightly more serious note, we all learned about the various seasons and the earth tilt angles that mark them when we were in grade school or Junior high. After a time we forget the dates and the names, etc. There was a very nice plain English review of the seasons on the MSNBC website and I saved it in text form. If anyone wants it for their kids or just for themselves I can send it along, off list.

Don Williams
Moore, OK