[rollei_list] OT: War On Drugs

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,<rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:17:28 -0400

At 02:14 PM 3/18/2008, Rob Pritchett wrote:
 >Well, I agree... The government's "war on drugs" has been quite
 >successful... at least successful in that drugs are more plentiful and
 >cheaper than before "we" started spending billions of dollars on creating
 >the world's greatest prison population.  It's been just as successful as
 >their "war on poverty" - and for  that matter - the war on Iraq.

Legalize all drugs, every one.  We would have a=20
90-day period of having to pay for a LOT of=20
"Potter's Field Funerals" (to the non-USian in=20
our number, these are public-charge interments=20
for those who die destitute) and, afterwards, we=20
would have arguments over whether Cocaine from=20
one drug company gave a better kick than that=20
from another.  So waht?  The idiots would kill=20
themselves, as they do today, and our public=20
treasury would be relieved of billions of dollars=20
in futile efforts to prevent folks from what they are intending to do.

As to the "War on Poverty", well, I AM the=20
Freemaster of the King Canute Society.  That says=20
it all   trying to fight poverty is as futile as=20
attempting to sweep back the tide,.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh b=E0s fir gun ghr=E0s fir!