[rollei_list] OT WARNING! ROLLEI/LEICA REPAIR FRAUD

  • From: Jerry Friedman <tinycameraco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 16:53:36 -0700 (PDT)

I am sorry to have to bring to your attention that Austin Van Campen, email
Austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and  of ClassicCameraServie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is
a fraud.

He solicites business to CLA vintage equipment, takes your camera and payment
and does not deliver either service, camera etc.

I am sorry to report that two months ago I sent him a Rollei T for repair and
made payment through paypal. Despite repeated email and phone calls, said
person has not been in touch. At present, there is at least one law suit
pending against him.

So, I am out the cost of a good camera and a CLA. One lives and I have other
cameras. But be warned that this man is a thief and that paypal will be of no
help to you.

Thank you for your patience. Jerry

http://mail.yahoo.com