[rollei_list] Re: OT: Voigtländer Avus

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 22:53:34 -0400

I used to run some 4x5 tri x ortho in the 80s in trays and used regular red
safelight in my darkroom I'd use of variable contrast paper I think..\

Most people safelights in the past couple of decades have been the Thomson
low pressure sodium or some other low pressure sodium.  And if you could
close the vanes down a bit I think its very possible you'd be able to run
some ortho films in light that could almost be considered to bright for
comfort. A very narrow band of light that low pressure sodium; sent us all
back to the drawing boards as to the way we worked in the darkroom. Lit the
place up.

Mark William Rabiner