[rollei_list] Re: OT: Ultrafine brand B&W films

  • From: Jeffery Smith <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:17:46 -0500

I will be terribly depressed if FP4+ (or a close equivalent) is not available in the future. It is hard to find films that match up perfectly with PMK Pyro, but FP4+ is just that. I suppose I should try a roll of Arista and Ultrafine just to see how they fare.

At 08:56 PM 10/10/2006, you wrote:

In a message dated 10/10/2006 7:01:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, jls@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I asked myself this question a while back and decided that, if it isn't Ilford, it is made in the same plant that makes Ilford. Ultrafine is apparently made in England, and they claim that Ilford no longer makes film. One fellow on a forum said that Ultrafine, Arista (Freestyle) and a number of other "private labels" are made in England.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
<http://www.400tx.com/>http://www.400tx.com/
http://400tx.blogspot.com/