[rollei_list] OT: US Health Care, My Final Words (I hope!)

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 01:43:30 -0400

I really feel that we have all said what we meant to say. Allow me to summarize my position, and I would ask that those who wish to pursue the discussion do so directly with me, off-List. I live an oddball schedule, but I will get back to you as time permits.

POINT THE FIRST: This is a US issue. I recognize that folks such as Thor view things differently than I do, but, in the end, this is not a Canadian or Swedish or Ukrainian issue. US Health Care is a US issue.

POINT THE SECOND: I cannot figure out Eric's position. He seems to be in favor of Obamacare but then waffles and winges. I have no clue about his position other than his desire to attribute to others attitudes they have never expressed and to refuse to set out his own honest opinion.

POINT THE THIRD: The US House of Representatives has done its deed. This is just part of a lengthy process. Eric has called me blind for suggesting that anyone will challenge this in the Courts. The Attorney Generals of Virginia and South Carolina announced last evening that they will have lawsuits filed as soon as Obama signs the bill. These folks claim the act violates the Commerce Clause, the General Welfare Clause, and the Tenth Amendment. I am a bit dicey about the Commerce Clause argument, but, then, I've not yet read the pleadings. See below for my predictions. No, Eric, I am not drinking anyone's Kool-Aid. These are rational positions adopted from rational bases.

POINT THE FOURTH: There may still be a battle between the Senate and the House. We shall see.

POINT THE FIFTH: On the Court Challemge. ich weisse ist ncihte. Courts are hard to predict. But I can suggest this much.

-- An injunction against the ObamaCare bill being enforced until the case is heard.

--  A rapid pass to the Supreme Court.

-- This bill will be tossed into the dustbin of history, but HOW this is done will be interesting. If they do so under the General Welfare Clause, then Social Security and Medicare go away as well. And I am sorta-kinda thinking that's how the ruling will go. Again, I can be very wrong.

-- My wife accepts this view and welcomes it, but she demands to know just who is going to repay her the money stolen from her for some phantasmagorical system of welfare relief. So, Eric, you make a healthy sum: are you willing to repay Pam the monies stolen from her under the false license of FDR? Oh, NO! Your money is SACRED. You only wish to steal the money of others.

Eric is essentially blown out as a source of any sort. He is a thief of your income. And he is cheerful about his predatory nature.

But, again, these are my final words on List. Those who wish to discuss it, can contact me directly.

Eric, you are making so much money. Why not send a contribution to WKHR in Cleveand, America's only non-NPR public supported broadcaster. Uh, no. The Gummit doesn't approve of this, so Eric, making a gazillion dollars a year, cannot do his deed by sending them $50,000. Eric, you are a real cheapskate.

And I am STILL awaiting an apology for your BS about my being an adherent of Bill O'Reilly. Words are cheap.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!