[rollei_list] OT: Toy Soldiers

  • From: Elias_Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:43:11 -0400

This very OT, but I've gathered there's not a few nostalgic types here, and some military nutsos as well.

I'm quite fortunate to teach in a classroom at the basement of the John Hay Library at Brown University. My subject is books and bookbinding and printing, and I'm always delighted when my class gets to visit with the special collections. On the way to the room where the library lets us spend time with some of the finest examples of books and printing known to man, there are several dozen cases filled with toy soldiers. Last time I went I took a few pictures with my digital camera, which lets me zoom right in on the 1.5" tall figures. My photos don't do the collection justice, but there's enough fun in them to share. I'll have to ask if they'll let me bring a tripod, and maybe even arrange some shots...

Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elroustom/sets/72157623656901458/

Elias