[rollei_list] OT: Terrabyte hard drive.

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:05:18 -0700

I just installed an external one terrabyte hard drive aquired this evening from Fry's. I am still astonished. It was on special for $150.00 US. I remember seeing a box Ampex built for video storage many years ago. It was really a jukebox for cassettes with a total capacity of one terrabyte, it was huge. This thing is the size of a thick paperback book. Boy, have concepts of memory capacity changed in only a few years. The only semi-on-topic thing I can add is that this is ideal for storing very large image files (or lots and lots of small ones).

Los Angeles, CA, USA