[rollei_list] Re: OT: Super Ikonta B and III and IV & Contessa

  • From: Choiliefan@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 18:26:50 EDT

I don't believe the Z-I A-series 645's are prone to light leaks at  all.
That desirable little Z-I 35mm folder is probably the Contessa  with coated
Tessar, synchro Compur shutter, selenium lightmeter and coupled  rangefinder.
A thing of beauty and very pocketable.
Health, Peace
Lance
Selma, NC 27576

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a message dated 10/3/2008 2:38:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I too  like the Super Ikonta but not the B its too heavy with average
lens.The later  ikontas are a pleasure though the lenses are a little low in
contrast.
If  memory serves me correctly the 645 prone to light leaks and even one in
excellent condition is not very valuable,at least for Ziess.
They did make  a very desirable compact 35 folder, maybe you can recall the
name.
Marvin.
Sent via BlackBerry® from 3