[rollei_list] Re: OT St Patrick's day

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:53:13 -0400

I think the gentlemen you refer to is more properly Thomas Crapper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Crapper
I remain confused on the baths issue, having purchased a house in Connecticut
which was advertised as having two and  a half baths, which turned out to have
one sub size bath-tub with western style swinging doors,  two showers, one of
those things you find in french bathrooms for washing your feet which fire
water at the ceiling, and three flush toilets.
The bed pan bit I'm unsure of,   as I understand that that's something the
domestic staff get involved in. I
 do know someone who was quite proud of owning count Tolstoy's commode, but
that's a story for another day.  There is a french marriage tradition of
bringing a chamber put full of chocolate to the bride and groom on the morning
after their first night on the honeymoon, but this is something which I will
leave to the french symbolist tradition to interpret.
All the best
Larry Cuffe
On Saturday, March 20, 2010, at 03:32PM, "Dennis Purdy" <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>