[rollei_list] Re: OT St Patrick's day

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 01:25:24 -0400

> Elias,
>
> Perfectly OK for you to "no longer eat meat and no longer drink."  That
> reduces the demand for the things I like,
> and hence keeps the prices from going beyond my means. I wish there were
> more like you.
>
> We will be celebrating st Patrick's day with a recently discovered Irish
> straight malt called "Redbreast"---. FANTASTIC!
>
> To go along with corned beef and colcannon.. Guinness of course, but
> that is an everyday quaff.
>

> Jerry Lehrer  (not Irish, but my wife is 1/4 Irish-- 3/4 Scottish)
>

> Elias_Roustom wrote:
>>> If I could I would be in my hometown of Chicago... Watch them dye the
>>> river green and then enjoy corned beef and cabbage at a friendly
>>> pub... But I'm no longer in Chicago no longer eat meat and no longer
>>> drink....

If Jack Daniels didn't make Barbeque sauce now they'd  have gone under five
years ago Hard booze sales have plummeted and drinking and eating habits
have drastically changed. Restaurants now have a page of salads not a side
and a chef.. It was once notable to drink seldom or none or eat meat the
same now its half the people out there especially the ones wearing normal
clothes sizes.. The meat industry is heavily subsidized they'd do ok on the
interim a burger Should cost 7 bucks not three  but it will catch up to them
sooner or later as well.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner