[rollei_list] Re: OT: SM Leica Restoration (was OT:Contax II and Eddy)

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 23:41:44 -0500

Few professionals in the photography business have ever impressed me
consistently much as Sherry Krauter's whose reputation is long as the river
is wide. You hate to see such professionals have their integrity thrown up
in the air by guys on gear chat lists who buy and sell gear on a whimsy and
wonder why they don't know how to use any of it or have any shots to show
for it.
Countless stories raves plaudits on the LEICA USERS GROUP going back over a
decade about her consistent excellence and integrity. I've spoken to her
briefly getting to know her just a little bit at just about every October
for 11 years at the LHSA meetings and have seen her fascinating
demonstrations on the history of the M5 and CL; much maligned gear. Always
good advice.  Never have I ever heard a cross word said about her work.
If Sherry tells you there have always been curtain problems of a certain
nature on a LTM then it is true.
She works on them normally on a certain part of the year I've recently been
told. I'm sending in my IIIF to have a hanging Chad dealt with once I find
out when.

Mark Rabiner