[rollei_list] Re: OT: SM Leica Restoration (was OT:Contax II and Eddy)

  • From: akroehle <akroehle@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 20:14:39 -0500

Just out of curiosity - what was the issue with Sherry?
I've used her before without incident, but would like to know if there's
something to watch out for.

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 18:18:40 -0500 Robert Lilley <> writes:
> Not Sherry Krauter - I would only send M cameras to her and just for
>
> repairs.  If only I had someone like Schere for my SM Leicas, then
>
> perhaps I'd still have them.
>
> Rob
> On Jan 6, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Eric Goldstein wrote:
>
> > OK, who does this level of work on SM Leicas? I've got a IIIF
> RD/ST
> > I'd love to get retored to this level...
> >

> > Eric Goldstein
> >
> > --
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >> Apropos things Contax,
> >>
> >> I got mine back just before the holidays from Henry Scherer.
> >>
> >> It's like **brand new**. The glass glows and is flawless, he even
>
> >> managed to
> >> create a special replacement paint (baked on) that actually
> sticks
> >> to the
> >> metal (apparently the alloy Zeiss used for a few short runs was
>
> >> something
> >> paint doesn't stick to very well). The camera simply purs now, I
>
> >> cannot
> >> recommend him high enough. Truly a work of art, I basically
> >> received a brand
> >> new camera back. Took me over 1.5 years of waiting, but it was
> well
> >> worth
> >> it.
> >>
> >> All in all he worked his magic on a IIa Color Dial, 50/1.5
> Sonnar,
> >> 85/2
> >> Sonnar, 135/4 Sonnar and 35/2.8 Biogon. Have run a few rolls of
>
> >> Kodachrome
> >> 64 through it and am excited waiting for the results.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Thor

> the

> the

> uncommon
> camera
> I'm

> 'subscribe'

> www.freelists.org

> >> ---
> >> Rollei List
> >>
> >> - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >>
> >> - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
> 'subscribe'in
> >> the
> >> subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org

> >> with'unsubscribe' in the
> >> subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org
> >>
> >> - Online, searchable archives are available at
> >> //www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list
> >>

> > ---
> > Rollei List
> >
> > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'
> > in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org

> > 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
> > www.freelists.org

> 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

Win the battle of the bulge with great liposuction solutions. Click now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2auzikybiyIOVo1GXa1N7JDxyydLlQQI6mZb4VBNPotnRhD/