[rollei_list] Re: OT: SM Leica Restoration (was OT:Contax II and Eddy)

  • From: Robert Lilley <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 18:18:40 -0500

Not Sherry Krauter - I would only send M cameras to her and just for repairs. If only I had someone like Schere for my SM Leicas, then perhaps I'd still have them.

Rob
On Jan 6, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Eric Goldstein wrote:

OK, who does this level of work on SM Leicas? I've got a IIIF RD/ST
I'd love to get retored to this level...

Eric Goldstein

--

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Apropos things Contax,

I got mine back just before the holidays from Henry Scherer.

It's like **brand new**. The glass glows and is flawless, he even managed to create a special replacement paint (baked on) that actually sticks to the metal (apparently the alloy Zeiss used for a few short runs was something paint doesn't stick to very well). The camera simply purs now, I cannot recommend him high enough. Truly a work of art, I basically received a brand new camera back. Took me over 1.5 years of waiting, but it was well worth
it.

All in all he worked his magic on a IIa Color Dial, 50/1.5 Sonnar, 85/2 Sonnar, 135/4 Sonnar and 35/2.8 Biogon. Have run a few rolls of Kodachrome
64 through it and am excited waiting for the results.

Cheers,
Thor

On 6. jan.. 2009, at 20.11, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

About 35 days (including holydays and 20,000km) after to send the Contax
II to NYC (Brooklyn)I have it at home again.
Eddy Smolov did a very good work, it was necessary to change nothing about internal parts, shutter and other mechanisms needed a good CLA only: "your camera is very old but it's still in very good working order" wrote me Eddy. The Sonnar 1.5/50 front element was polished slightly and looks like new; the RF was cleaned and it`s easy to focus now. Eddy only changed the camera
top cover 'cause the original was bent slightly, I regret a bit the
replacement, the original (Eddy sent me it again)top cover black band is engraved "Alemania" -Germany in Spanish- from factory, an uncommon detail; anyway the new top cover looks very good. I hope to try the camera with film
for the next weeks, I'm very happy with the CLA results.
Thanks again Marc, Daniel and other members to recommend Eddy, I'm very
satisfied with his service, price and kind treatment.-

Carlos

   Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/