[rollei_list] Re: OT Rolls Razor

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 21:10:38 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Lehrer" <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 3:38 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT Rolls Razor

Eric,

Of course I have used the Rolls razor. I had 2 of them. One NIB and I used the other. It required more attention to angle etc than any other "Safety Razor". I sold them both
at gun shows.

I was almost as nervous using it as the really old "SLASHER" type razors. My father had a seven razor set of those, with hone and long leather strop. Think Sweeny Todd.

Jerry

I had just about forgotten about the Rolls. I never used one but remember them. I did have a very old Gillette two part saftey razor when a teen. I don't think I used it for long. I also tried a cut-throat razor. I could never get it sharpened properly but I learned the technique of shaving with it from watching the students at the barber college where I used to get my hair cut. Eventually, I learned how to cut my own hair and have had no dealings with barbers for decades. You had better be wide awake and not have the shakes if you are going to use a staight razor. They make nice collector's items (especially if you like to collect fingers, noses, ears, etc).

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA