[rollei_list] Re: OT: Richard and Weather

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:29:57 -0600

At 07:31 PM 1/18/2010, Marc and Dick wrote:
Albert Hammond said it best:  "They Say It Never
Rains In Southern California".  Good luck with that one, Richard!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh b�s fir gun ghr�s fir!

Liquid sunshine we calls it. Southern Cal has only two kinds of weather: unusual and unseasonal. It was beautiful bright sunshine and mashed potato clounds for the last couple of hours while I was out shopping. However, I did have to run the wipers on fast for a time there. If I carry an umbrella it won't rain, a trick I learned in London. Over my shoulder like John Steed in the "Avengers" but I don't have the homberg to go with it.

--
Richard Knoppow

Well, we've been in Oklahoma for over two years now. I have kept some garlic hanging over the front door and we haven't had a single vampire attack over that time. It makes sense to me to keep it there.

We have had, of course, rain, solid ice, and snow. One night I came home and there was just enough black ice on the driveway and sidewalk that I had to park next door and walk on our grass and then enter through the back door. That stuff really gets slick when it is just freezing.

DAW