[rollei_list] Re: OT Re: What is Velox? What are lantern slides?

  • From: David Dodge <dannysoar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:14:10 -0400

I did an OCR on the information that Beaumont Newhall (?) appended to Weston's Mexican daybook. I'd be happy to post it. It's a few pages and OT. I could shrivel the file size with plain text.
David aka...

Richard Knoppow wrote:

Weston doesn't say much about materials in his day books. He does mention Velour Black at least once. This was an early enlarging paper and presumably he contact printed on it. Types of film could be told from the negatives, I have no idea what he used at various times. Ansel Adams in some book or article talks about giving Weston new but opened boxes of film on the basis that it was surplus because Weston often could not afford materials. I am also under the impression that Adams, and others, helped Weston with technical problems. . . . . .