[rollei_list] OT Re: What is Velox? What are lantern slides?

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:10:11 -0400

Richard Knoppow wrote: (snipped)

I also printed using smaller boxes when I started and used plenty of Velox. I suspect that Velox would be quite popular today when people like cold tone paper.
I've found many people now don't know what these are and also think contact printing is very exotic.

Very true about Velox... it would be a great paper by today's grammar and standards...

The entire philosphy of shooting the image size you want to print and contact printing was exactly my cup of tea... you compose and light in the camera and the contact print is full of tone and detail... 2-1/4 x 3-1/4 is just about ideal...

Goodness now I wish I had my old Kodak printer and a few boxes of Velox in different grades... that was magic...

Eric Goldstein --- Rollei List