[rollei_list] Re: OT: RF vs SLR for 35mm

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:58:20 +0100

Hi Les,

for "notepad" ideas, capturing stuff on the run, I usually use my cell phone (!).

I was looking for a step up from that, but not as "big gun" as the 6008.

Cheers,
Thor

On 17 Nov, 2005, at 16:42, hoarcroft@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

In the category of a "notepad" 35mm camera, consider an Olympus Stylus. It's convenient for that purpose, and the lens is very good indeed. Moreover, the camera is not expensive.

In <874ee9cf9c7854cebac891d97838da33@xxxxxxx>, on 11/17/05
   at 02:04 PM, Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx> said:

Another question from the peanut gallery :-)

As long as I can manage to carry my Rollei gear (yes, it *is* heavy),
I'll be using it for as much as possible.

However, for occasions where I just want something light in my bag on
the way to work (think Daniel), or when travelling to countries where I
don't want to risk the attention with the Rollei (i.e. South America), I
like to bring along a 35mm camera. Or when going to the playground with
my son (although I do on occasion bring along the Rollei...).

[snip]

--- Rollei List