[rollei_list] Re: OT: Post-War T coated Sonnar 2/50 lens

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 22:16:53 -0300

I add to my previous post a link where there is a nice photograph
(scrolling the page a bit) about a post-war  Contax II "Carl Zeiss
Jena" provided with a CZJ lens early 3.xxx.xxx serial number showing
someway the relationship between these cameras and lenses within those
serial numbers; the site also has several references on the brief
Contax II  CZ Jena production and about some Kiev cameras production
in Jena too.
The site talks about 2000 cameras, however other sources mention about
900 cameras produced in 1946/47 and that more Contax II were made up
to about 1949 with the parts manufactured during the 1946/47 Jena
production, before the production line was sent to the Soviet Union:

http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbck/zconrfKiev.htm