[rollei_list] Re: OT Olympus XA (was Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras)

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 08:04:13 -0300

Smallest with RF, you must be right. According the Olympus history in
the Olympus official website and other several sites dedicated to
Olympus and this camera, the XA was introduced into the market in 1979
and then it's a design at least 15 years newer than the Rollei 35,
with lot of plastic of course; the bigger body than the Rollei 35 15
years later indicates it was not so easy to build the RF in these
little cameras.
I did not compare weight, the XA must be lighter, but if lightness is
desirable for cameras in general, it's not so desirable for these
compact cameras IMO, I feel better in my hand a metal Rollei 35 than
those plastic made.
Carlos