[rollei_list] OT: Nikon and Leitz Lenses

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 01:52:44 -0400

We got way off-base on this discussion and I was as much a sinner as were other particpants.

This is not the forum for a discussion of the issue of the virtue of miniature-format lenses in the Korean War. That is a topic for the Leica Users' Group or the Rangefinder Forum or the Zeiss Ikon Collectors' Group or the Internet Directory of Camera Collectors. That issue has appeared on those fora from time to time and the real experts on the topics can be found there.

Carlos, I apologize for getting very testy with you. In my view, you are buying the sort of after-the-fact justification used by criminals when they come to trial. I see Nikon as an evil entity based on theft and have no regard for giving any credence to the false claims of criminals. You see it differently. I know that you honestly accept the Nikon claims. So be it: again, I am sorry for being testy, and let us just agree to disagree. I got out of line.

In any event, this is an issue better raised on the IDCC or the LUG or the ZICG. I am sorry for feeding the frenzy. And I am most sorry for being rude to Carlos, a valued member of our number.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!