[rollei_list] Re: OT: Nikon Question

  • From: Stefan Kell <skba.unat@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 22:26:00 +0100 (CET)

Hello Jan,

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015, Jan Decher wrote:

Dear Stefan,

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe I should take my Novoflex NIKA adapter and bellows to the store and try for myself. The classic design of the Df does intrigue me.

One additional hint: there is an entry in the menu system, where you can enter your lens data (focal length and aperture). This is stored in the JPG or RAW data and probably used during the metering. I use this for some manual focus Nikkor lenses.

Whether it is good enough to switch from Canon to Nikon after 20+ years is another matter. I would like to use it with the Zeiss Makro Planars 50 and 100 mm. But it also depends if there is a decent 400mm (or 500 mm) lens in the Nikon line-up that does not cost more than 2 Grand.

the 80-400mm Nikkor zoom should be ok but has a maximum aperture of only 5.6. I tried a Sigma 150-600mm sports zoom and was pleased with the results. Both have vibration reduction and thererfore can be used handheld.

Regards

Stefan Kell

Best Regards,
Jan

Quoting Stefan Kell <skba.unat@xxxxxx>:

Hello,

I have a Nikon-DF and it is a wonderful camera. If you can mount the lens to the body then you should have no problems. It would be the same situation when using one of the PC-lenses. I have a 28mm PC-Nikkor 3.5, details here: "http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/PC_Nikkor/index4.htm";

This lens has no coupling of the aperture but you can use it on the Nikon-DF. Only the EXIF-data will be wrong for the picture taken.

Regards

Stefan

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015, Jan Decher wrote:

Hi,
Is anyone a Nikon user here? I am interested in the Nikon DF, but would like to use it with some SL66 lenses (120 Makro Planar, 500mm TT) via my Novoflex special 6x6 bellows designed to adapt SL66 lenses on any SLR.

Someone told me you can't accurately meter with modern Nikon cameras in step-down modus in AV (aperture priority), because the f-stop has to be mechanically or electronically communicated to the camera body.

Is this true?
Thanks, Jan

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org