[rollei_list] Re: OT: My Computer Knows my DSLR!

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:41:45 -0400

At 02:14 PM 7/14/2010, Peter K. wrote:
All the devices are seen by the OS as storage devices and attempt to associate a letter with the device. Sometimes XP gets confused and a conflict arises, such as in this case. So it is best to try one at a time. You can then reassign a different drive letter to the Reader and the Camera using Disk Management in XP. Its quite easy. Hook up the device, open Disk Management and you will see the device. Then click on it and assign it a new letter. For example, assign R: to the Reader, and something like S: to the camera. It won't harm anything, it will simply use that letter the next time that specific device is plugged into your specific computer.

You access Disk Management by going to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management. I still do not see how to reassign a drive letter, however. Must be above my pay grade!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!