[rollei_list] Re: OT: My Computer Knows my DSLR!

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:09:06 -0400

Marc,
You are lucky it doesn't work camera to computer. If it did, it could lead to trouble. As noted before, take the flash card out of the camera and transfer the data to the computer via a card reader.

Don't try and figure out why it doesn't work, just accept that you computer has good judgment in refusing the connection.
Good judgment is hard to come by.

I never, ever connect the camera to the computer.

Best--Doug

On Jul 14, 2010, at 9:23 AM, Marc James Small wrote:

Thanks to senior List Member Peter K, I have made progress. Peter suggested hooking up the card reader, ensuring that the computer was recognizing that, and then disconnecting the card reader and substituting the camera. Worked flawlessly. Why it works escapes me, but it works, and that is enough for me at the moment!

I did try a cold boot and tried to hook up the camera from scratch. No joy -- the computer did not recognize it. But it recognized the camera AFTER the card reader had been hooked up and the camera substituted for the reader.

Never had that problem with my 2.8F 12/24, though!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!