[rollei_list] Re: OT: Miscellany

  • From: Michael Eric Berube <pj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:22:56 -0400

eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Let me get this straight: GW is a leftist, the Nuremburg Doctrine is stupid, pumping every last drop of oil from under the earth's crust is a plan for energy independence, and the Republican Party didn't want the war in Iraq even though it made it possible (twice consecutively)...
Let's be honest, our military involvement in the current armed conflicts* would not be possible if it hadn't been for the overwhelming support of both of the wings of the Corporate Incumbent Party (those Republicrats on the supposed Right and Demopublicans on the 'left') *("Wars" should have to be declared via the standards set by our long forgotten Constitution.)

Those Demopublicans who are now crying loudly that they were duped by the mastermind of strategy who sits behind POTUS's desk into supporting Wolfowitz's long delayed preemptive battle plans for Iraq are either lying for votes or too gullible to serve in public office. Those Republicrats who claim to believe that we have a canary's chance in a coal mine of 'winning the war (of) on Terror' (without the mass extermination of probable innocents that Marc mentioned) are too gullible to serve. Those of their number who claim that what passes for fair and balanced reporting on Fox News is proof that we already ARE winning said 'wars' are corrupt beyond the pale and should not be allowed to continue to serve beyond their current terms.

Now, I don't expect that the fickle and short memoried 'merican Sheeple will do a whole lot about it though. They will be scared into voting for the lesser of two weevils yet again (so that that 'other party' doesn't get in power)... just as they have been handing over their Liberty in larger and larger incremental steps to their Corporate Owned Representatives in exchange for the false promise of some security (well, and cheap plastic goods bought at Walmart, made in and paid for with credit backed by China) for several generations now.

Me, I'm voting for Ron Paul. I'm a total whacko that way.
(I'd vote for Gravel too, but I'm registered Republicrat since the LP lost ballot status in Maine. Neither of them is likely to see the campaign much beyond SuperTuesday anyhow...then we'll have no choices at all again until either the corrupt or gullible 'favourite' is elected.)
<sigh> some days it hardly seems worth chewing through the ropes.
Michael