[rollei_list] Re: OT: Minox/Leica

  • From: John Jensen <jwjensen356@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:52:27 -0700 (PDT)

I agree she should get the Minox 35 repaired.  Of the
various other cameras suggested, most are bigger and
really more complicated for use than is the Minox 35.
The Rollei 35 is a great camera and I would suggest it
as an alternative also.  But you have to do the trick
of extending the lens with a twist and a lock.  And if
she uses a flash, well , you know.  The Minox 35 is so
much simpler to use (I have two versions).  You pop
open the trap door in a quick motion; the lens is
usually in focus from when you last used it (great
depth of field); the four-element lens is no slouch
optically; the flash mounts on top; the auto exposure
invariably gets the right exposure; it really is small
(slipping into a pocket better than the Rollei 35); I
like the black finish (and it is not cheap plastic)
with fewer eye-blemishing scratches than my pretty
Rollei 35 would acquire.

John