[rollei_list] Re: OT: Light the Fuse, Carlos! Global Warming?

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 09:38:10 +0100

Sent from an iPad,

On 13 Jul 2012, at 20:38, Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2012, at 2:46 PM, Marc James Small wrote:
>
>> At 01:44 PM 7/13/2012, Bigler Emmanuel wrote:
>>

>> >The important point, eventually, is not that YOU understand the reasons;
>> >the important point is that scientists do agree on a good scientifc
>> >reason: global warming ;)
>>

> According to the following poll, taken in 2009, 97% of climate scientists and
> 82% of earth scientist believe that the global warming phenomenon exists and
> is caused by human activities.
>
> http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf
>
> But what do they know?
>
> Allen Zak---
> Rollei List

Well, only 40% of Americans believe in evolution, so i don't think that we can
regard scientific truth as being established by democratic process. Whatever
the constructivists may think.
But aren't we veering into politics and religion here with the climate change
thing?
All the best
Laurence Cuffe

Declaring an interest, I did work for 18 months on a climate change related
project.