[rollei_list] Re: OT: Light table

  • From: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 11:57:47 -0500

Happy New Year Thor,

A light box is a box with a light in it - can't get much simpler than that - so no, you can't go wrong with either.
You'd make a better one yourself if you had the time or inclination.

Your concern is the 220V power source.

I should say that I pulled a 24x36" Porta Trace out of the trash about 10 years ago, and I'm still using it at work.

Elias

On Jan 2, 2010, at 11:44 AM, Thor Legvold wrote:

Ola Carlos,

thanks for the links - the first one i've read, and was the reason I asked about Acculight vs Porta Trace.

The second I had not been able to find, I was looking for the manufacturer website for both brands. I found Acculight's owner brand (Bretford), but there is no mention of light boxes on the site.

Anyway, I probably can't go wrong with either.

Best,
Thor

On 2. jan.. 2010, at 15.00, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

Thor:
      I think the silence for a question could have a lot of
explanations. f.e.the members have no experience using both lightboxes
to do a right comparison or to write a comment. I'm using a lightbox
made in home by the photographer that sold me the Kaiser enlarger, he
sent me the lightbox as a present with the enlarger, it's very well
built.
Anyway this is an URL with a little article about to Photos evaluation and a large thread in Photo.Net commenting about loupes and lightboxes
including those you mentioned and several others:
http://photo.net/learn/evaluation

This is the web site for one of the light boxes
http://www.gagneinc.com/lighttables.html

The other one is mentioned in the photo.net thread.

Carlos

2010/1/2 Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>:
Does that mean there isn't any appreciable difference between the two
lightboxes,

or just that New Years Congratulations masked my original inquiry?

Cheers,
Thor

On 31. des.. 2009, at 23.48, Thor Legvold wrote:

Any thoughts about the Porta-Trace vs the Acculight?

Or pretty much the same difference?

Happy New Year!!!

Thor

On 26. des.. 2009, at 17.33, Kenneth Frazier wrote:

On Dec 26, 2009, at 10:56 AM, Elias Roustom wrote:

t's 5000K Color Correct, not 5200K, and I got it at B&H or Adorama -
they're available just about everywhere

I have the same one, works fine, inexpensive.

Ken

The Rev. Ken Frazier
First Congregational Church
Waterbury, CT  06702