[rollei_list] Re: OT: Leitz Neverload Kit

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 19:00:21 -0400

> Rab,
>
> I highly recommend the H'blad magazine that they made for 35mm film
> (vertical 24mm x 56 mm)
> Great for panoramas with the SWC held sideways (38mm lens)--WOW!!
>
> It was called the A2030 35mm Panoramic back. 20 shots per 36 roll
>
> Jerry

I used to tell my dad about around when he was getting into Contarex that
all I'd have to do when I got my Hasselblads is use my 35mm back. He said
they're be some problem with that and I didn't see it. Probably because I
was 12.
I finally got my Hassy system started October 1979.  30 years ago minus a
day. I was 28 and a half.  But never made hide nor hare of one of those 35mm
backs. I think they  made 35 of them put it in a catalog.
At the end at the back of a catalog it said to the effect "you describe the
back you want we'll make it for you".
A panoramic 35mm back was one I had in mind the Bronica and Mamiya people
were having all kinds of fun with theirs they were selling them like
hotcakes.
I've never even seen a picture of a 35mm Hassy back.

Mark William Rabiner