[rollei_list] Re: OT: Leitz Neverload Kit

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:32:44 -0700

Marc,

Not being the most familiar with the Nikon SP there is some info here:

http://www.cameraquest.com/nikonsp.htm

I am sure that Contax had its first, but the hinged rear door which was
first used by Minolta, made film changing simple. Of course the Leica R used
it as they had the deal with Minolta, but Leica never modernized the M body
with a simple loading system. Ashame, great lenses, crappy body (just my
opinion).

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 8:47 PM, Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> At 10:59 PM 9/29/2009, David Sadowski wrote:
> >I also like the film loading system in the Rollei 35.  For that
> >matter, the Minolta CLE was not too shabby either.
> >
> >But I thought film loading in the Nikon SP was stupid and guaranteed
> >to waste more leader than other cameras.
>
> I am perfectly capable of error, being a human being.  Wasn't the Nikon SP
> load system that of the Contax RF?  Nikon certainly stole the design of the
> fine Zeiss Ikon Cassette for use in their cameras up to the F3.
>
> The Contax RF load system was generally given a huge sigh of relief when it
> appeared, as you did not have to clip film.
>
> I do a lot of shooting with a Contax II and loading film is easy.  What am
> I missing?
>
> Marc
>

> msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!