[rollei_list] Re: OT: Leitz Neverload Kit

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:55:25 -0400

At 10:59 PM 9/29/2009, David Sadowski wrote:
>I also like the film loading system in the Rollei 35.  For that
>matter, the Minolta CLE was not too shabby either.
>
>But I thought film loading in the Nikon SP was stupid and guaranteed
>to waste more leader than other cameras.

I am perfectly capable of error, being a human being. Wasn't the Nikon SP load system that of the Contax RF? Nikon certainly stole the design of the fine Zeiss Ikon Cassette for use in their cameras up to the F3.

The Contax RF load system was generally given a huge sigh of relief when it appeared, as you did not have to clip film.

I do a lot of shooting with a Contax II and loading film is easy. What am I missing?

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!