[rollei_list] Re: OT: Leica vs. Zeiss

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 06:51:40 +0000

M lenses can not be used on the R since the mounting flange to focal plane is
too short for a camera with a great big mirror box...
I have read that the late 1990s 50mm f1.4 for R is outstanding too, though I
have not seen one.
I have used some R lenses on Canon with an adaptor and a tiny number of M
lenses on my new Panasonic GH1 which has no mirror. I will probably try more
some day.
Frank