[rollei_list] Re: OT Kodak out of Digital?

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:58:44 -0700

Hi Eric,

What you actually posted was:

"BTW GE is a well-diversified company with several discrete core businesses
that include internal manufacturing. By most traditional measures it is the
most successful stock in the history of the S&P 500."

Your statement below is a bit different. If it is your opinion that GE is
the best performing stock in history let me mention that had you bought GE
in 1962 you would have been up about 4,500%. On the other hand, had you
bought Microsoft in 1986, you would have gained 34,186% in 20 years. This is
a huge difference. So in my opinion, I would think the BEST performing stock
in history would not be GE by any traditional measurements. The original
wording implied GE was the most successful in history and NOT over the
course of history.
Sorry to be nitpicky, but I am sure you do not want to post any
misinformation.

Peter K.

On 8/3/06, Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Peter K. wrote:

> Eric,
>
> According to what I have read, the best performing stock over the last
> 25 years includes Eaton Vance, Kansas City Southern, Wal-Mart, Stryker,
> and several others all of which have have gained more than 25% per year
> on average. The top 10 does not include GE.
>

> Peter K

That may very well be true Peter but what does it have to do with what I said?

I stated that was that GE was, I believe, the best performing stock in
the history of the Dow. It was one of the original stocks listed over
100 years ago and is still on the index, which in and of itself is a
remarkable feat.

Eric Goldstein --- Rollei List

Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬