[rollei_list] Re: OT: Herbert Keppler R.I.P.

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:03:45 -0500

At 07:37 PM 1/11/2008, you wrote:
>I hope this link works:
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/11/arts/11keppler.html?_r=1&ref=obituar
>ies&oref=slogin

We have a member among our number who was a close friend of Keppler. My own experiences with Burt were somewhat south of negative, but, then, I can be abrasive and so could he and perhaps we just got off on the wrong foot, and so be it. His impact was felt early and hard, when he first encountered the "Contax D" and immediately went over to the SLR side. After that, he did an accurate job of documenting the growth of phtoography and of pushing its limits.

He had a lengthy and productive and worthy life and his thoughts will be missed. They were always wrothy: sometimes they were brilliant, sometimes they were blind, but they were always interesting.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!