[rollei_list] Re: OT: Harley Earls and Broadcasting

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:24:51 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Lehrer" <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:13 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT: Harley Earls and Broadcasting

Richard,

My "expedition" to Mt Lee was over 50 years ago. I have some great Kodachrome slides of Hollywood, taken thru the three "O"s in the sign.

Jerry

That would be worth seeing! You can no longer get to either the top of Mt.Lee or to the Hollywood sign. Also, Griffith Park is a mess. The road that used to lead from the Observatory around to the valley side has been closed for years due to landslides although you can still hike there. An engergetic person could hike from that road to the Hollywood sign by using the remanents of the Mulholland Highway, now a wide fire road up to a street (name escapes me) and then to Mt.Lee Drive. I never tried this. We had a great deal more freedom fifty years ago than now.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA