[rollei_list] Re: OT: Happy Leif Ericson Day

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 18:26:49 -0400

> I forgot to remind the List of the annual rite of
> Talk Like a Pirate Day last month, but I should
> remind you folks that today is Leif Ericson
> Day.  Hey, Bjarni!  The Bjarns
> a-bjurning!  Skraelings forever!  Let's hear it
> for yet one more Old Icelandic Prose Edda!
>
> Leave work early and spend some time floating
> about in your knarr.  It's the least you can do
> to celebrate this Norse-American Unity Day!
>
> Marc

Does this mean I have to learn how to speak Somali?
There is a book out this year called:
Jewish Pirates of the Caribbean
And its not comedy it's dry  history.
" How a Generation of Swashbuckling Jews Carved Out an Empire in the New
World in Their Quest for Treasure, Religious Freedom--and Revenge"
It's another Spanish Inquisition book.
" the pirate rabbi Samuel Palache..."
http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl/9780385513982.html

Fiction is boring.