[rollei_list] Re: OT: Going over to the Dark Side

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:07:34 -0400

Hi Marc,

Are the OSs the same on both computers?  What OS is it?

If the camera doesn't come up, then a card reader (which basically does the
same thing as your camera would) may not either.  That would be an
interesting test.

Since these other devices work on the port, it sounds like a file system
issue, not a hardware issue.  I seem to remember that somewhere there is a
maximum drive letter or something to that effect.  It could also be some
service is not running.

Right click on "My Computer" and select "Manage".  Then click "Device
Manager".  Go down to "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and expand that.
Post a screen shot of that full window, and do it with the camera plugged in
and without if there is a difference.

Regards,

Austin