[rollei_list] Re: OT: Getting into 4x5 for the first time...

  • From: ralaubach@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 17:18:40 -0400

this is a good deal, Jeff.  It is indeed an F2 - note the rubberized knobs,
black rail, and taller centerpost.  The F2 is a current Sinar model, selling
for $2721.00.  I also noted in the photo that the camera has the Fresnel lens
in mount attached.  This now goes for $300.00 new.   I paid $500 for a Sinar F2
and Rodenstock Sironar 210mm and accessories.  With two lenses, a good deal.
Also the Fuji and Nikon lenses are a bit higher end.  Nice kit.  4x5 film
holders are still commanding a fairly high price on ebay - just saw pack of
five newer Fidelity's like in photo go for $80.

bob