[rollei_list] OT: GEarth has street views like GM

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:56:47 -0700 (PDT)

I was navigating through Google Earth and it has street views like Google Maps
and even better because you can see 360º street panos  full size screen.
Every photocamera icon means street view, putting the cursor on the icon it
will indicate the address, double clicking on the icon opens the 360º street
view pano and then you can choose the full screen option,  the image quality is
not excellent but it's enough to see several details, impressive really.
Yesterday I did not realize the photocamera icon represents now "street view",
it before represented the Panoramio layer, Panoramio layer photos are
represented now by a little page icon; f.e. you can open the street view icon
and within the 360º pano could appear other icons according the area, one of
them could be the little page icon and then you can see an individual photo
about the site you are visiting.
Only USA, France, Spain and Italy have available this type of street level view
based on images taken from the street up to I could see; other countries and
cities have available the G. Earth street view from satellites only, BTW the
image point of view is very different.-

Carlos