[rollei_list] Re: OT - Formula One and Perpetual Motion

  • From: "A. Lal" <alal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:10:46 -0500

Hello again Ardeshir,

Regarding F1, noting that you've said contradicts my original statement.
Fans were classified as movable aerodynamic aids and were banned for
that reason, IIRC.=20
Frank Dernie has already given us his plain spoken view from the inside,
and since neither you nor I are as close to the sport as he is, there we
should let the matter rest. On a related note I'd be cautious, though,
about citing Popular Science Magazine as a authoritative reference for
anything.=20

Regarding your comments on perpetual motion machines, I'll say it again:
the motions (and now you mention Galaxies) in the sense you are
apparently thinking about, have NOTHING to do with perpetual motion
machines. Also, why on Earth do you need to bring in the Casmir effect,
with which I am familiar, by the way? No doubt people are trying to
figure out ways to harness the energy of the vacuum (good luck trying to
do this on a macroscopic scale), just as others are trying to think of
ways to open worm holes, but this is so far out, that to bring this into
a discussion on F1 borders on the absurd, don't you think? In your
lifetime you are more likely to see a Stirling-Cycle engine in a F1 car,
than any of this stuff, IMNSHO.

By the way, I had a look at your site. Very amusing. "Proofs" that
Einstein and G=F6del were wrong, and much other similar material. Am I
correct in assuming this is all a spoof; your way of having a little
sport at the expense of the casual visitor to your site?

Regards,
Akhil=20