[rollei_list] Re: OT Firefox

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 17:04:44 -0500

At 04:16 PM 9/1/2009, you wrote:
At 05:01 PM 9/1/2009, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>You might try uninstalling and re-installing any
>firewalls or anti-virus programs you are running. They can
>sit in the background and raise hob with all sorts of
>things.

That is a great thought but takes us nowhere, as I have never had a firewall and have no anti-virus program at all.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh b�s fir gun ghr�s fir!

Microsoft has a free un-installer cleanup program, forgot the name but it's worth a try. When I was actively using it it did a fine job of cleaning up incomplete un-installs. Search "Microsoft Installer Cleanup" and you will find it.

The other Microsoft utility, free to all, is the Windows cleanup scan, and it will do a much neater and less damaging cleanup than the commercial products. Search "Windows cleanup scan" and pick the one with the broom icon on it.

I've stopped using those commercial products completely. Be sure that when you do either of the searches above you select the Microsoft sites, not the commercial sites that pop up.

DAW