[rollei_list] Re: OT: Film vs Digital to preserve archives

  • From: Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:42:32 +0000 (GMT)

I should add that I wasn't referring to digital archiving in the strict sense,
nor for public bodies in any sense - but that for a home user, it's not
actually that onerous and can actually increase the security of one's images. I
am in complete agreement with everything that has been said concerning genuine
archiving, and of course if I were to pop my clogs tomorrow there is no
guarantee that anyone would find my digitally-stored images, wherease my film
archive could not be missed. I'm not in any way trying to suggest that digital
is superior to film in any way, merely that for home users, this issue of
storage is overplayed.

Nick