[rollei_list] Re: OT Film question

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:17:38 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: <Hacks4ever@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 9:43 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] OT Film question

Hello All....

What type of film can be used if I want to take those antique looking pictures that are done at an amusement park when they dress you in period clothing?
Thank you.  Sandi

Can you give more detail about the sort of thing you want? For instance, what time period is supposed to be emulated? Aside from period costume and setting what is it about the images that you would like to duplicate? Also, do you just want to duplicate the side-show look or emulate the actual pictures from the period? I suspect that lighting and style will have more influence than film. Its also possible that you have seen someone using the "tin-type" process. This can be duplicated but does not use conventional film. More information about what you actually want to do please.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx