[rollei_list] OT: Feedback on early 240mm f6.8 Goerz Dagor

  • From: "Fox, Robert" <RFox@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:07:04 -0500

Lens Gurus,

I'm a newbie to large format, but I'm having great time with the Speed
Graphic. I have the opportunity to buy an early (circa 1902) Goerz
Berlin Dagor 240mm/f6.8 in beautiful condition, already mounted on a
custom made lenscone and Graphic lensboard. The glass is like new.
Apparently this lens has really good coverage, enough for 8x10, and I'm
planning to use this on a 4x5 Speed and want to be able to use all the
movements.

Does anyone have any feedback on how this lens might perform? I know
it's a double anastigmat, but I don't have any experience with these
lenses. I'm most interested in using it for portraiture (both "soft" and
"sharp").

TIA,
R.J.