[rollei_list] Re: OT Estate Tex (was Re: Copyright Law)

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:31:37 -0500

Hi Austin, the idea that the Estate Tax makes it impossible for
families to continue in family businesses is for the most part a
myth... a fabrication concocted by the same political hacks who
labeled this a "Death Tax" for the sensational impact and PR value it
would have.

Second, as a person who deals with science, you should understand that
anyone who has assets worth several million dollars is in the top
percentiles of wealth in this country...

Finally, with a bit of estate planning, all of this can be dealt with
above legally and above board.

Now, I am not arguing that our tax system is perfect or that it is not
in need of reform... but I am trying to get factual information out
there...

Eric Goldstein