[rollei_list] Re: OT EFKE/ADOX [was Kodak Conjecture...]

  • From: "Jeff Kelley" <thocker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 08:03:36 -0800

I'm still not clear on what's really going on with the EFKE/ADOX situation. Apparently there are at least two different entities using the ADOX trademark in different parts of the world.

I ordered 3 different EFKE films from Freestyle and all of it came in a gray and white box labeled "ADOX." So, the ISO 25, 50, 100 EFKE films are the same as ADOX in both 35mm and 120 formats. This is the stuff made in Croatia.

However, the "Bluefire" branded stuff which is also "ADOX" trademarked is apparently from an entirely different company, not in Croatia.

Jeff

I am not certain that this is still the case, as EFKE has moved forward. And there is a new ADOX company marketing a new generation of "miracle" photo products under the "Bluefire" brand.

EFKE still markets 127 film, I believe, a handy point for those of us with Baby Rolleis.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

Valentine?s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctId=8323,ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24095&tcode=wlmtagline