[rollei_list] Re: OT: Digital Projection

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:34:40 -0400

John -

I've worked in stereo for over 30 years and knows most of the folks
who contribute content on the website you reference. Your explanation
is not correct. Both those "rules" are not rules at all and can be
broken comfortably in still and motion stereo imaging. It is done all the time
and you can find examples which are widely distributed/published which
most folks are happy to view.

The likely cause of the discomfort you experience is your eye's
inability to accommodate to the amount of divergence between the left
and right image pairs the film-makers are offering you. Accommodation
is highly individual and some folks can handle more than others. This
is a well-documented problem with 3D imaging... some people simply
cannot tolerate much of it and it strains their eyes and gives them a
headache.

As for Elias' screening appearing out of focus... it could in fact
have been out of focus but we would need to know more before we could
say so reliably.

BTW do you have a roll film adapter for the Heidoscop?

Eric Goldstein